Years ago YouTube became the most-watched video platform in the world; Its success revolutionized the Internet, registering millions of users around the world on a daily basis. You are probably also a faithful user of YouTube since it is a platform that offers a wide variety of content, however, that does not mean that you want to share your searches with everyone.
If you do not want your environment to know what channels you visit and the content that you regularly watch, you need to learn how to delete YouTube history. Can it be removed on any device? How do you erase it from a computer? And from television or mobile? If you have asked any of these questions, we help you answer them.
How to delete YouTube history?
Regardless of the device that you usually use to access this platform, it is very likely that you are familiar with YouTube seen from a PC. To prevent your family, your roommates or the rest of your company’s workers from discovering the contents you have viewed, we give you the following instructions so that you know how to erase YouTube’s history on your computer:
- Open your PC’s browser, enter YouTube and log in.
- Grab the mouse and scroll to the top left corner of the screen. You will find a three-line icon (the menu) that you must select.
- Click on “History” and you will see the content viewed and recorded on YouTube.
- Select “Clear all history” to be able to delete everything the platform has saved about your views.
- To prevent YouTube from having a history of the content you have viewed, take your mouse and enter the history again. You will see a button called “Pause viewing history”: select it.
You may also like to read, how to find network security key on my android phone. To know more visit our blog https://ltechuk.com/.
How to erase YouTube history on TV?
Another device on which you can access YouTube is television: it is ideal for viewing content on the platform with your family, friends or your partner in your living room since it allows you to enjoy any video in a larger size. In addition, it is a great alternative to the usual programming offered by television channels, so this option has gained a lot of weight in recent years.
If you want to delete YouTube history on TV, you can do it very easily. All televisions keep a list with the content you have viewed, but you can delete it like this:
- Enter YouTube through your television.
- Select the magnifying glass icon that represents the search option.
- Finally, click on “clear history”.
How to delete YouTube history from a smartphone?
After discovering how to erase YouTube history on PC and television, it remains to know how to do it on mobile. If you are wondering how to delete YouTube’s history from your mobile, you should know that it can be deleted from any operating system, however, the procedure to follow will be different on an iPhone than on an Android.
Clear YouTube History on iPhone:
If you have an iPhone and want to delete the history of this platform, we recommend that you complete the following steps:
- You should know that if you access the YouTube application from an iPhone you can get it, but if you access the web from the browser (Safari) you will not be able to delete the history. It is important to keep this in mind before trying it.
- So, open the application and select the “Library” option. Then click on “History” and finally on the menu icon (that is, the three dots) that you will see in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu that appears below, select “History controls”. You will then be able to select endless options.
- If what you want is to delete the YouTube history of reproductions (that is, the videos seen in your account), you will only have to select that option. If, on the other hand, you want to delete the search history (all searches made from your device), you will have to activate only that option.
- In any case, if you want to eliminate both the reproductions and the searches, you can select both options.
Clear YouTube History on Android:
In the case of having a mobile with an Android operating system, you can also delete the YouTube history. The procedure is similar to that required by an iPhone, as the differences are marked by a few updates to the application in the operating system. Follow these steps:
- Sign in to the app.
- On the right side of the screen, you will see 3 points that you must select.
- Enter “Settings” and then “History”.
- At that point, you will only have to find the option “Clear history” and select it to end all the reproductions and searches of your YouTube account.
- As with computers and iPhones, you can also delete a specific video that you have seen on Android and keep the rest. To achieve this, select the button on the right that appears in each content registered in history.
You may also like to read https://bloghuff.co.uk/